Join us for the first event of the 2019-20 Knockout series, which gets underway this Saturday!
- A Piping – Two 6/8 Marches
- A Drumming – MSR
- B Drumming – 6/8 March
- 40+ Drumming – 2/4 March
Joe Kiah will be our drumming judge, and our piping judge and recitalist will be Ed Bush. Ed was recently inducted into the Brockville and Area Music and Performing Arts Hall of Fame. You can read more about that accomplishment here.
How to sign up
The registration form is below, or you can enter on the day!
- When: Saturday, September 28th at 7:30 pm
- Where: HMCS Bytown Naval Officers’ Mess, 78 Lisgar St. in downtown Ottawa
- Cost: $7.00 per person (competitor or spectator)
PDQB Initiative – November 2019
How it will work:
- Students (and their teachers) interested in this should familiarize themselves with PDQB syllabi and test requirements for respective SCQF levels 2, 3, and 4. More information can be found here.
- Interested individuals are asked to complete this brief Expression of Interest form so the Branch can the gauge interest and follow up accordingly. We ask that all that are interested respond by Friday, October 11th.
- The Branch will follow up with you directly, confirm next steps, and coordinate registration with the PDQB.
Why is the Branch doing this?
As we strive to increase the uptake of piping and drumming in our region, the PDQB system offers a way for pipers and drummers to have their skills recognized in a non-competition manner, and provides a fully recognized certification framework that could be leveraged for broader educational aims.