Registration closes Saturday, April 20th at 11:59 PM ET
Playing Requirements by Category
- Quartet B (4 pipers): Approximate grades 4 & 5. Own choice medley, 6 minute maximum
- Quartet A (4 pipers): Approximate grades 2 & 3. Own choice medley, 6 minute maximum
- NEW! Quartet Freestyle (4 musicians – any pipes/drums combination): Own choice medley, 6 minute maximum
- Drum Salute
- NEW! Juvenile – March Medley: Minimums for Juvenile grade are 5 pipers, 2 snare drummers, 1 bass, all of eligible juvenile age. “Eligible juvenile age” means any competitor whose 19th birthday occurs after the contest. Proof of age may be requested. Juvenile bands may add a non-juvenile piper as Pipe Major in addition to the minimum 5 juvenile age pipers. Juvenile bands may also add a non-juvenile drummer as their Lead Drummer in addition to the minimum 2 juvenile age snare drummers. Players of eligible juvenile age on the roster of a Juvenile band may also compete with one (1) non-Juvenile band on the day. To be played: Submit one (1) march medley (all in quick time) of 2 minutes 45 seconds to 4 minutes 30 seconds duration
- Grade 5 – March Medley: Submit one (1) march medley (all tunes in quick time) of 2 minutes 45 seconds to 4 minutes 30 seconds duration
- Grade 4 – Medley: Submit one (1) medley of tunes of 3 to 5 minutes duration
- Grade 3 – Medley: Submit one (1) medley of tunes of 3 to 6 minutes duration
The Ottawa Branch will follow rules for band contests as set out in the PPBSO Rule Book.
NOTE: Due to space constraints, bands may choose to play from the line into the competition arena, or tap in to position and begin their performance thereafter.