Eastern Ontario Champion Supreme 2019
The Ottawa Branch is proud to announce the Eastern Ontario Champion Supreme winners for 2019.
Congratulations to this year’s winners! All awards will be presented at the Ottawa Branch Knockout event on Saturday, November 30th. The evening will include all drumming categories and the MSR contest for A pipers. Awards will be presented after the contests at the HMCS Bytown Naval Officers’ Mess, 78 Lisgar St. in downtown Ottawa. The evening gets underway at 7:30 pm.
Points are calculated depending on the number of competitors registered in the contest, as well as a competitors’ placing. Ties were broken as per the rules set out in the PPBSO Rule Book.
Congratulations to all!
- Grade 3 – Glengarry Pipe Band
- Grade 5 – Smiths Falls Gordon Pipe Band
- Juvenile – Connie Blaney Memorial Youth Pipe Band
The Pipe Major Tom Brown Memorial Cup will be awarded for the third time to the “Most Successful Pipe Band – Eastern Ontario Champion Supreme – All Grades”. This is defined as the band with the most 1st place finishes in contests with two or more bands competing. As such, it is possible for a band in any grade to win this trophy each year.
We are proud to announce the Smiths Falls Gordon Pipe Band – Grade 5 as this year’s winners of the Pipe Major Tom Brown Memorial Cup!
- Grade 1 – Liam Melville
- Grade 2 – Sean Burgess
- Grade 3 – Charles Pianosi
- Grade 4 – Jamie Letourneau
- Grade 5 – Noah Yateman
- Senior Amateur Piobaireachd – Liam Melville
- Intermediate Amateur Piobaireachd – Clare Grant
- Junior Amateur Piobaireachd – Robert Macleod
- Novice Piobaireachd – Rowan Meyer
- Grade 1 Snare – Rita DeNobriga
- Grade 2 Snare – Shahna Summers
- Grade 3 Snare – Sarah Mckinnon
- Grade 4 Snare – Thomas MacKenzie
- Grade 5 Snare – Gabriel Benay
- Grade 2 Tenor – Andrea Jackson
- Grade 3 Tenor – Margaret Maxwell Haynes
- Grade 5 Tenor – Wendy Chaytor
- Amateur Bass – Jaymee McCarthy
- Novice Bass – Nicholas Olmstead
George Sherriff Memorial Invitational
The 2019 George Sherriff Memorial Invitational Piping Contest will be held on Saturday, November 16th in Hamilton, Ontario.
The event brings together top amateur players from across North America, and provides players a taste of what it’s like to play at a major professional event. For many past competitors, this contest has been a springboard to the professional ranks. We encourage all who can attend to do so, and support this terrific event.
Ottawa member Liam Melville is once again one of the invitees!
More details about this year’s George Sherriff can be found here.