Eastern Ontario Champion Supreme 2018
The Ottawa Branch is proud to announce the Eastern Ontario Champion Supreme winners for 2018.
Congratulations to this year’s winners! All awards will be presented at the next Ottawa Branch Knockout event on Saturday, December 1st. The evening will include all drumming categories and the MSR contest for A pipers. Awards will be presented after the contests at the HMCS Bytown Naval Officers’ Mess, 78 Lisgar St. in downtown Ottawa. The evening gets underway at 7:30 pm.
Points are calculated depending on the number of competitors registered in the contest, as well as a competitors’ placing. Ties were broken as per the rules set out in the PPBSO Rule Book.
Congratulations to all!
- Grade 3 – Rob Roy Pipe Band
- Grade 4 – 8 Wing Pipes and Drums
- Grade 5 – Sons of Scotland Pipe Band
The Pipe Major Tom Brown Memorial Cup will be awarded for the second time to the “Most Successful Pipe Band – Eastern Ontario Champion Supreme – All Grades”. This is defined as the band with the most 1st place finishes in contests with two or more bands competing. As such, it is possible for a band in any grade to win this trophy each year.
We are proud to announce the Ottawa Highlanders – Grade 3 as this year’s winners of the Pipe Major Tom Brown Memorial Cup!
- Grade 1 – Charles-David Mitchell
- Grade 2 – Callum Gauthier
- Grade 3 – Paula Campbell
- Grade 4 – Jonathan Shepheard
- Grade 5 – Thomas Rozon
- Practice Chanter – Meghan Drake
- Senior Amateur Piobaireachd – Mike Fenton
- Intermediate Amateur Piobaireachd – Callum Gauthier
- Junior Amateur Piobaireachd – Nadine MacRae
- Novice Piobaireachd – Brad McVey
- Grade 1 Snare – Rita DeNobriga
- Grade 2 Snare – Shahna Summers
- Grade 3 Snare – Sarah McKinnon
- Grade 4 Snare – Walter Gammeter
- Grade 5 Snare – Megan Grant
- Practice Pad – Owen Yateman
- Grade 2 Tenor – Andrea Jackson
- Grade 3 Tenor – Jaymee McCarthy
- Grade 4 Tenor – Magdalen Forshaw
- Grade 5 Tenor – Alysha Desrochers
- Amateur Bass – Jaymee McCarthy
- Novice Bass – Nicholas Olmstead
November 3rd Knockout Results
The first 40+, C and B Piping Knockout contests of the 2018-19 series took place Saturday, November 3rd at the HMCS Bytown Naval Officers’ Mess in downtown Ottawa. Our judge for the evening was Amy Garson.
The evening enjoyed a strong entry, with 20 competitors playing across all categories.
This Knockout also included our first ever “C” Piping category for beginning pipers. Congratulations to all who took part in their first contest, and well done to all prize winners!
- Jamie Letourneau
- Robert MacLeod
- Paula Campbell
- Megan McIntosh
- Jean-Sebastien Gamache
- Matt Goral
- Thomas MacKenzie
- Noah Grew
- Richard Chaytor
- Noah Yateman
- Robert Trayner
- Heidi McIntyre
- Dominique Kilpatrick
Knockout standings can be found here.
PDQB Info-Session: December 1st
The previously announced PDQB Info-Session will take place on December 1st, before that evening’s Knockout.
- When: Saturday, December 1st – 3:00 pm until approximately 5:30 pm
- Where: HMCS Bytown Naval Officers’ Mess, 78 Lisgar St. in downtown Ottawa
- This info-session is free of charge
To provide us with an attendance estimate, please complete this brief form if you plan to attend:
More about PDQB
The PDQB was established in 2006 “by the RSPBA and the member organisations of the Institute of Piping (Army School of Bagpipe Music and Highland Drumming, College of Piping, National Piping Centre and Piobaireachd Society), to create a single structure of certificated qualifications in Piping, Pipe Band Drumming, Pipe Bands and associated areas”.
The PDQB offers certificates to pipers, drummers, as well as piping and drumming instructors at various levels.
Why is the PPBSO and Ottawa Branch promoting PDQB certifications?