Results: Highland on the Rideau in Smiths Falls
On Saturday, June 23rd, the Smiths Falls Gordon Pipe Band hosted the seventh annual Highland on the Rideau. The day included morning solo contests, followed by afternoon contests for Juvenile, Grade 5 and Grade 3 bands.
Congratulations to all! Results are available via the link below.
Eastern Ontario Champion Supreme 2018
Since 2006, the PPBSO Ottawa Branch has awarded champion supreme points to amateur solo competitors and bands at various contests in Eastern Ontario. This includes contests sanctioned by the PPBSO main body, and other events with comparable categories held in the region from May to August.
The final results recognize those pipers, drummers and bands that have had the most overall success during the season at events in our region.
Contests included in the Eastern Ontario Champion Supreme tally include:
- Ottawa Branch Indoor Highland Games (Kemptville)
- Kingston Scottish Festival – band contests only for 2018
- Highland on the Rideau (Smiths Falls)
- Glengarry Highland Games (Maxville)
- North Lanark Highland Games (Almonte)
For 2018, Eastern Ontario Champion Supreme points will be determined using the solo and band point calculations as defined in the PPBSO Rule Book. Points are allocated depending on the number of competitors registered in the contest, as well as competitors’ placings. For details, please consult the PPBSO Rule Book (rules are also available in a tab within each spreadsheet linked below).
Congratulations to all competitors!
Ties will be broken according to PPBSO rules. Winners will be contacted in autumn 2018. Awards will be presented in November 2018.
- Eastern Ontario Champion Supreme – Pipe Bands
- Eastern Ontario Champion Supreme – Solo Piping
- Eastern Ontario Champion Supreme – Solo Drumming
- Different tabs can be accessed at the bottom of each Google Sheet, showing overall summaries, tabulations by event, and an explanation of rules governing how points are tallied.
- Have a question about how points are tallied? Notice a discrepancy? If so, let us know!