The 3rd event of the 2019/2020 Knockout series was held this past weekend Saturday, November 30th. After a fantastic evening of music 1st places were awarded to Liam Melville (Piping A), Owen Yateman (Drumming B), and Christine Brewer (Drumming C).
Our judges for the evening were Bob Worrall and Chris Bell. Mr. Worrall ended the evening with a recital of brilliant tunes.
A Piping Winner Liam Melville
- Liam Melville , “John MacDonald’s Welcome to South Uist, “Lady Loudon”, and “The Rejected Suitor”
- Hugh Metcalfe, “Rothie Murchus”, “Catlodge”, “Bradford Bay”
- Charles-David Mitchell, “MacLean of Pennycross”, “Dornie Ferry”, “Traditional”
- Sean Burgess, “Morag Ramsay”, “Ewe wit’ the Crookit Horn”, “Dr. MacPhail’s Reel”
- Olivier Rommelaere, “John MacColl’s March to Kilbowie Cottage, “Piper’s Bonnet”, “Kildonan”
- Owen Yateman, “Atholl and Breadalbane Gathering”
1. Christine Brewer, “Teribus”
Check out the Branch Facebook group for more photos from the evening. Thank you Cindy McGillivray-Ritchie for taking them!
Bag Pipes for Sale!!!
1961 Ivory and Silver pipes for sale.
Unfortunately, I have had to hang up my pipes. I have a wonderful set of 1961 Hardy with ivory and embossed silver. Perfect for any player considering an upgrade! I paid $7,000 for them about 15 years ago. I do not know what the market is now, but will be open to offers. I have a less valuable set of Robertson which I bought 30 years ago which I still occasionally play. I have been using my Kron chanter. If the price is right for the Hardy, I will include the Kron.
If anyone is interested, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I live in Ottawa and will be glad to show them off.