Since 2006, the PPBSO Ottawa Branch has awarded champion supreme points to amateur solo competitors and bands at various contests in Eastern Ontario. This includes contests sanctioned by the PPBSO main body, and other events with comparable categories held in the region from May to August.
The final results recognize those pipers, drummers and pipe bands that have had the most overall success during the season at events in our region.
For 2019, Eastern Ontario Champion Supreme points will be determined using the solo and band point calculations as defined in the PPBSO Rule Book. Points are allocated depending on the number of competitors registered in the contest, as well as competitors’ placings. For details, please consult the PPBSO Rule Book (rules are also available in a tab within each spreadsheet linked below).
Congratulations to all competitors!
Ties will be broken according to PPBSO rules. Winners will be contacted in autumn 2019. Awards will be presented at the November 30, 2019 Knockout.
Updated: September 9, 2019.
- Eastern Ontario Champion Supreme – Pipe Bands
- Eastern Ontario Champion Supreme – Solo Piping
- Eastern Ontario Champion Supreme – Solo Drumming
- Different tabs can be accessed at the bottom of each Google Sheet, showing overall summaries, tabulations by event, and an explanation of rules governing how points are tallied.
- Have a question about how points are tallied? Notice a discrepancy? If so, let us know!
Pipe Major Tom Brown Memorial Trophy
The Pipe Major Tom Brown Memorial Trophy will be awarded to the “Most Successful Pipe Band – Eastern Ontario Champion Supreme – All Grades”. This is defined as the band with the most 1st place finishes in contests with two or more bands competing. As such, it is possible for a band in any grade to win this trophy each year.
In the event of a tie, the band with the most 2nd place finishes in contests with three or more bands competing will receive the award.