The next Ottawa Branch event will take place this Saturday, December 1st. Please join us for the following:
The previously announced PDQB Info-Session will take place on December 1st, before the evening’s Knockout. This session will be facilitated by Alan Clark.
- When: Saturday, December 1st – 3:00 pm until approximately 5:30 pm
- Where: HMCS Bytown Naval Officers’ Mess, 78 Lisgar St. in downtown Ottawa
- This info-session is free of charge
To provide us with an attendance estimate, please complete this brief form if you plan to attend (if you haven’t done so already):
More about PDQB
The PDQB was established in 2006 “by the RSPBA and the member organisations of the Institute of Piping (Army School of Bagpipe Music and Highland Drumming, College of Piping, National Piping Centre and Piobaireachd Society), to create a single structure of certificated qualifications in Piping, Pipe Band Drumming, Pipe Bands and associated areas”.
The PDQB offers certificates to pipers, drummers, as well as piping and drumming instructors at various levels.
Why is the PPBSO and Ottawa Branch promoting PDQB certifications?
Knockout Contest and Eastern Ontario Champion Supreme Presentations
Join us Saturday evening for the next Ottawa Branch Knockout contest.
- When: Saturday, December 1st. First competitor at 7:30 pm
- Where: HMCS Bytown Naval Officers’ Mess | 78 Lisgar St. in downtown Ottawa
- Cost: $7.00 per person
- 40+ Drumming – 6/8 March
- *NEW* C Drumming – 3/4 March
- B Drumming – 2/4 March
- A Drumming – MSR
- A Piping – MSR
The evening will also include Eastern Ontario Champion Supreme Award Presentations (see below).
Our judges for the evening will be Joe Kiah and Chris Dodson.
Players can sign up in advance or register to play upon arrival (on the day registrants will play first in each category).
Eastern Ontario Champion Supreme Winners
The evening will feature presentations to the winners of each category in the Eastern Ontario Champion Supreme aggregate. Congratulations to all!
We are grateful to the Scottish and Irish Store for donating this year’s awards.
- Grade 3 – Rob Roy Pipe Band
- Grade 4 – 8 Wing Pipes and Drums
- Grade 5 – Sons of Scotland Pipe Band
The Pipe Major Tom Brown Memorial Cup will be awarded for the second time to the “Most Successful Pipe Band – Eastern Ontario Champion Supreme – All Grades”. This is defined as the band with the most 1st place finishes in contests with two or more bands competing. As such, it is possible for a band in any grade to win this trophy each year. We are proud to announce the Ottawa Highlanders – Grade 3 as this year’s winners
- Grade 1 – Charles-David Mitchell
- Grade 2 – Callum Gauthier
- Grade 3 – Paula Campbell
- Grade 4 – Jonathan Shepheard
- Grade 5 – Thomas Rozon
- Practice Chanter – Meghan Drake
- Senior Amateur Piobaireachd – Mike Fenton
- Intermediate Amateur Piobaireachd – Callum Gauthier
- Junior Amateur Piobaireachd – Nadine MacRae
- Novice Piobaireachd – Brad McVey
- Grade 1 Snare – Rita DeNobriga
- Grade 2 Snare – Shahna Summers
- Grade 3 Snare – Sarah McKinnon
- Grade 4 Snare – Walter Gammeter
- Grade 5 Snare – Megan Grant
- Practice Pad – Owen Yateman
- Grade 2 Tenor – Andrea Jackson
- Grade 3 Tenor – Jaymee McCarthy
- Grade 4 Tenor – Magdalen Forshaw
- Grade 5 Tenor – Alysha Desrochers
- Amateur Bass – Jaymee McCarthy
- Novice Bass – Nicholas Olmstead