Since 2006, the PPBSO Ottawa Branch has awarded champion supreme points to amateur solo competitors and bands at various contests in Eastern Ontario. This includes contests sanctioned by the PPBSO main body, and other events with comparable categories held in the region from May to August.
The final results recognize those pipers, drummers and pipe bands that have had the most overall success during the season at events in our region.
Contests included in the Eastern Ontario Champion Supreme tally include:
- Ottawa Branch Indoor Highland Games (Kemptville)
- Kingston Scottish Festival – band and solo snare drumming contests only for 2019
- Highland on the Rideau (Smiths Falls) – cancelled for 2019
- Glengarry Highland Games (Maxville)
- North Lanark Highland Games (Almonte)
The Ottawa Branch of the PPBSO uses the solo and band point calculations as defined in the PPBSO Rule Book. Points are allocated depending on the number of competitors registered in the contest, as well as competitors’ placings. For details, please consult the PPBSO Rule Book.
Ties are broken according to PPBSO rules. Winners will be contacted in the fall, when awards are traditionally presented.