The Glengarry Cup open MSR competition was held Saturday, March 29, 2014 at the Royal Canadian Air Force Officers’ Mess. Ten professional and amateur competitors battled it out before a large crowd, with Andrew Hayes taking home the Cup that is donated by the Glengarry Pipe Band. The Judge was Jack Lee of the Simon Fraser University Pipe Band.
1. Andrew Hayes, “Abercairney Highlanders,” “Tulloch Castle,” “Charlie’s Welcome.”
2. Eric Ouellette, “John MacDonald’s Welcome to South Uist,” “Struan Robertson,” “Ca’ the Ewes.”
3. Andrea Boyd, “South Hall,” “Lady MacKenzie of Gairloch,” “The Sheepwife.”
4. Jacob Dicker, “Hugh Alexander Lowe of Tiree,” “Cabar Feidh,” “The Sheepwife.”
5. Scott MacIntosh, “Kantara to El Arish,” The Ewe Wi’ the Crooked Horn,” “The Sheepwife.”
6. Ed Bush, Prescott, “Hugh Kennedy,” “Susan MacLeod,” “The Grey Bob.”
Following the competition, Jack Lee entertained the crowd with a recital featuring a number of tunes that had been taught during the workshops earlier in the day, and which culminated with his own composition “The Lee Family Christmas.”
The raffle prize included items donated by Bob Worrall, P.D. Pottery, pipes|drums, McCarthy Highand Supply and the Kingston Scottish Festival.
Check back for videos of the competition performances, which will be posted to the Branch’s YouTube channel in the coming days.